Boccia Teachers Award
The Boccia Teachers Award introduces schools to the benefits of Boccia as an inclusive activity with a view to increasing the engagement of pupils with disabilities and special educational needs in sport.
The course is suitable for the educational sector including teachers, teaching assistants and adults other than teachers.
To introduce schools to the benefits of Boccia as an inclusive activity, with a view to increasing the engagement of pupils with disabilities and special educational needs in sport and recreational activities. The course is suitable for the educational sector, teachers, teaching assistants and adults other than teachers.
A 6 hour course with a requirement of a 2 hour follow on activity to achieve accreditation.
1. Identify inclusion issues within PE and school sport
2. Gain an understanding of the use of a non-traditional activity to widen the curriculum experience, providing effective learning opportunities for all pupils as specified within the National Curriculum
3. Create solutions for inclusion within PE and school sport through engagement in the sport of Boccia, for example: setting suitable learning challenges, responding to the diverse learning needs of individual pupils, helping to overcome potential barriers to learning and assessment for individuals and groups of pupils, particularly for individuals with a disability and special education needs.
4. Teach the game and Boccia skill practices
5. Gain an understanding of how Boccia fits within the four strands of the national curriculum
6. Identify and understand how Boccia can be utilised to contribute towards an increase in the number of pupils, and particularly those with disabilities, taking part in a minimum of two hours of high quality PE and school sport each week within and beyond the curriculum
7. Participation in the sport can contribute towards the improvement of an individual in the following areas: progress and attainment across the curriculum, citizenship and leadership qualities, technical performance in school sport
The course fee is £275 plus VAT, plus a delegate rate of £15 per person, plus tutor travel at 45p per mile or standard class rail fare and accommodation if required. Please note we will charge for a minimum of 10 delegates and a maximum of 15 (although up to 20 delegates may attend the course).
Boccia England will provide: Tutor, delegate booklets and resources and certification of delegates. The booking of an appropriate venue and the enrolment of delegates (between 10 and 20 delegates is a desirable number) is the responsibility of the organiser of the course.